A collection of animated films made at L’@telier, in partnership with ECPAD and La Comète
Second-year students from the L’@telier school of animation have selected a short sequence of film archives from the ECPAD (the Établissement de Communication et de Production Audiovisuelle de la Défense) from which to create very short animation films, to be shown at the opening of the sessions at the War on Screen festival.
Inspired by films from WWI archives conserved by the ECPAD at the Fort d’Ivry, the Warnimation collection was created in Angouleme between October 2017 and September 2018 as part of a teaching project, in partnership with the ECPAD and La Comète.
The artists use animation to overcome initial technical limitations and imagine the hidden face of history.
This artistic project contributes to the strengthening of the link between army and nation, and brings together:
- a school, a festival and a heritage institution;
- History (with images dating from over a hundred years ago) and youth;
- archive films and contemporary animation;
- photographs and drawings;
- three regions, three cities (Angouleme, Châlons-en-Champagne and Ivry-sur-Seine).
Warnimation 2018 is made up of nine 20-30 second films, directed by: